BWS Kapiolani Boulevard Project
A Board of Water Supply (BWS) contractor is working to replace approximately 3,800 feet of water main and appurtenances along Kapiolani Boulevard from McCully Street to Date Street. The BWS understands that Kapiolani Boulevard is a highly-traveled thoroughfare and created this web page to provide the community with project and traffic updates. Additionally, customers can call 748-5310 to get voice recordings with updated information.
This important project will improve fire protection, reduce the likelihood of main breaks, and enhance water service to residents and businesses in the area.
CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT MAP
- The project involves the replacement of approximately 2,800 feet 12-inch waterline and approximately 1,000 feet of 8-inch water main and related equipment on Kapiolani Boulevard from McCully Street to Date Street.
- The project start date is March 31, 2014.
- Contractor: RMY Construction, Inc.
- For questions or concerns contact the project construction manager, ESH Inc. at 799-8744, BWS Construction Section at 748-5730 or BWS Communications Office at 748-5041.
PROJECT AND TRAFFIC UPDATES AS OF AUGUST 29, 2014.
Please be advised of traffic modifications and lane closures on Kapiolani Boulevard from McCully Street to Date Street. Motorists traveling through the construction area are asked to observe all traffic signs, traffic signals, expect delays, drive with caution, allow for additional travel time, and use alternate routes where possible.
- Working area: Kapiolani Boulevard and McCully Street intersection.
- Type of work: Installation of 12-inch water main.
- Lane closures:
- The closure of two Diamond Head-bound lanes of Kapiolani Boulevard between McCully Street and Wiliwili Street;
- The closure of one Diamond Head-bound lane of Kapiolani Boulevard between Pumehana Street and McCully Street;
- The far right Diamond Head-bound lane of Kapiolani Boulevard between Pumehana Street and McCully Street will be modified into a righ turn only lane into Waikiki;
- The left turn lane into Waikiki from the Ewa-bound direction of Kapiolani Boulevard at the McCully Street intersection will be modified; and
- The closure of one mauka-bound lane of McCully Street at the Kapiolani Boulevard intersection.
Additional lane closures may be implemented each day and shift depending on the work area and project needs.
- Working hours: Working hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
*There will be no work on Monday, September 1, 2014, in observance of Labor Day.
Note: This website provides current project information as it becomes available. Please note that there may be times where lane closures could change without notice.